Generally, a folder with images would display thumbnails of first four pictures in the folder, but did you know you can even customise the Default picture of the folder to any desired image you like.
By changing to different images, one can quickly identify the folder in a glance and makes the users experience much more appealing. For instance, you can apply your image on to the folder containing your content and your brother’s picture on his folder which can give you an easy visual cue to distinguish between your folders.
Methods for Changing Folder Picture in Windows 10
To change your Folders picture there are few different ways. You can do this by changing the files Extension name or by using the file properties option. Follow the given steps to change your file picture.
Changing File Name Extension
Changing the file name through Extension is considered one of the easiest methods to apply a new picture to your folder, follow the steps given below to do so.
- Open the folder in which you have the desired image.
- Then, select the image that you want to use.
- Click on the “View” tab.
- And then, select “File Name Extension.”
- Now, rename the file Extension to (.gif).
- Click on “Yes” button.
Using File Properties
We can also use a secondary method to change our File Picture by using the properties of the folder. Follow the given method to do so.
- Right-click on the folder that you want to change the picture of.
- Click on the “Properties” tab.
- Choose the “Customize” tab.
- Select the picture by Clicking on the “Choose File.”
- Browse the picture you desire to apply.
- Click on the “Open” to select the picture
- And then, click on the “Apply” followed by OK tab.
By using these simple methods, one can alter picture for any folder, to make your daily working much more efficient and user-friendly.
Ava Williams is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cybersecurity. She writes about the latest news and updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how that can improve the work experience of users. Her articles have been published in many popular blogs, e-magazines, and websites.