Facebook is undeniably a standalone boss in the field of social media by providing an amazing experience to its users. Millions of people are members of this unique and innovative social networking platform enabling the people to establish connections with each other across the world. It came in existence on web browser accessible only on computers, but now, Facebook is accessible on almost everyone’s handset.
The Facebook app was designed to give a better experience to the users, but some of them liked the browser version better. Unfortunately, our handsets are not capable of displaying Facebook on wide widgets. There are other reasons as well for the unavailability of wide Facebook on a mobile device. Since the desktop version needs a good internet connection, there are a lot of places where the internet services are not good as it should be resulting in the unavailability of the people to use Facebook desktop version.
But still, there are ways to view the Facebook full site on handsets. What you have to do is a little digging inside your Facebook settings and activate the feature to enable Facebook full site on the handset. If you are unaware of the procedure, then follow the methods mentioned below and access Facebook full site on a handset.
Here’s how to access Facebook full site on a handset.
Desktop site URL
The desktop version of Facebook on the handset will be accessed when you copy-paste this URL in your phone. It is a legal method from Facebook as you are using Facebook’s real URL.
- Open a web browser and go to the URL address bar.
- Now type http://www.facebook.com/home.php and tap to load the web page.
- This method is workable for all the handsets.
- Now, you log into your Facebook account.
- Once you logged in, you will see the full version of Facebook in your handset.
Request a Desktop Site
It is another straightforward method for the Facebook full site through which you can switch between desktop and mobile site easily. Remember the Request feature is available only on Google Chrome and Safari web browser.
- Open com by following similar steps in the previous method.
- Now, open your Facebook account and tap the hamburger icon from the right corner.
- Now a popup menu will appear on the screen. In Safari browser, a settings box will pop up
- Go to the Desktop site option.
- Select or check the box next to it.
- Now the page will reload. If it doesn’t, then manually reload the page.
- Now the full desktop site will appear on your screen.
The Facebook full site is available on the handset, but its activation needs following a longer process. The web address will actually redirect you to the http://m.facebook.com where you have to log into your account. Once you are logged in, check if it is displaying desktop site. If not, then you need to go to the settings as mentioned in one of the methods.
Ava Williams is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cybersecurity. She writes about the latest news and updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how that can improve the work experience of users. Her articles have been published in many popular blogs, e-magazines, and websites.