Gmail is an easily accessible and extremely popular service provided by Google. If you want to make a Gmail account, you must sign up for Google account. This account will provide you access to Google suite. Create a Google account to sign up for Gmail. The username and password can be used for signing in to Gmail and different Google services like Google Play, Google Drive and YouTube.
Follow these simple steps if you want to create a Gmail account:
- Simply head over to the Google Account Creation Page.
- Now type in your first and last name.
- Select a username for your account. If you want to use a pre-existing email address, select I prefer to use my current email address option, it will be shown below the username field. Beware while selecting the name because the username you select will be named that will be visible to others if you use other services provided by googling such as Google Docs or YouTube.
- Type in a password. Enter the password once more to make sure it is correct. Select a robust password for keeping your account safe. It is recommended to use alternate characters and a combination of uppercase and lowercase letters so that it is not vulnerable to the predators.
- Type in the day, month, year in certain fields.
- Select the option of gender. You need to make a choice here. It is your wish if you want to choose the rather not say option if you don’t want to reveal your identity and your gender.
- Now enter the mobile phone number.
- If they are showing you the wrong chosen country, then choose the flag in the left corner of the below field for selecting the correct country.
- Enter your current email address.
- Select your location from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the next step button now. Google delivers its terms of services. You need to agree to the terms and conditions for creating your account.
- Now choose I Agree on the button.
- You will be drawn to Verify Account page.
- Give them your phone number and choose your method of preferred contact. You will be then get a code through a phone call and the text message.
- Type the code in the given box. Choose the continue button.
- Now you are having access to Google account.
- Google will itself be directed to the My Accounts page.
- Select the Gmail icon, either from the top of the page or apps menu in the upper right corner from the My Accounts page.
- Google will offer a series of instruction for Gmail account.
- Select Next button till you get to the end of the instructions.
- Choose the Go to Gmail button on the final screen.
Now you will be directed to your Gmail account. Your Gmail account is ready to use.
The username I want is already taken
You will not get a specific Gmail address if the username you have requested is:
- Used already by someone.
- Is identical to an existing username.
- Similar to the username that has been used by someone in the past and deleted after that.
- Has been reserved by Google for restricting abuse and spam.
If anyone is trying to impersonate you
If you are getting intuitions regarding any such activity then you can:
- File report with the Internet Crime Complaint Center.
- Contact the state’s Office of Consumer Protection.