Just like iPhone, Apple smartwatches also have a feature of alarm inbuilt into them. Alarm feature in any device is designed to alert an individual or a group of individuals at a specified time. Most users use alarm function to awaken them from their night sleep or a short nap at a specified time they want. Sometimes, Alarm is also used for a remainder. You can set the alarm as a reminder of any important event or date.
You need to set up alarm on your device if you want an alert to keep you from missing any important event or date. You can create an alarm both in your Apple Watch and in your iPhone. If you are wearing your watch (when your Watch is connected with your iPhone) then the alarm sounds on both devices, silencing the alarm from one device will automatically silence it on the other.
If you want only to use your Apple Watch and don’t want to use your iPhone to set the alarm, then it is effortless to do this with these following steps:
Steps to Create new alarm on your Apple Watch
- Click on ‘Digital Crown’ to open app list of your Apple Watch. You can also open Apps list by pressing the ‘Lock’ button below the ‘Digital Crown’ of your Watch.
- Open ‘Alarms’ app from the app menu.
- Tap on ‘Add Alarm’ orange color button.
- Select ‘AM’ or ‘PM’ from the corners. (Skip this step, if your Watch is using 24 hour time mode).
- Now, tap on ‘Hour Square’ on the left side of your screen to select alarm’s hour.
- Turn the ‘Digital Crown’ to set desired hour.
- Now, tap on ‘Minute Square’ on the left side of your screen to set the alarm’s minute.
- Again, turn ‘Digital Crown’ to set the minutes.
- Tap on ‘Set’ green color button, at the bottom of your screen.
Now, your alarm will be created or turn on for the time you’ve selected. You can create more than one alarm.
How to Edit & Delete alarm on your Apple Watch.
- Open ‘Alarms’ app from the Menu
- Select the ‘Alarm’ you want to edit.
- For Changing Time: Tap on ‘Change Time.’ Adjust time according to you and then tap on ‘Set.’
- Tap on ‘Repeat’ button to repeat the alarm. You can select for every day, weekends, weekdays or individual days of the week to repeat.
- Tap on ‘Alarm Label’ and ‘Speak’ loud a name, to give your alarm a name. And then tap ‘Done.’
- Tap on ‘Snooze’ sliding button to turn on and off the ability to snooze the alarm.
- To permanently remove an alarm, open the alarm you want to remove and tap on ‘Delete’ at the bottom to delete the alarm.
Ava Williams is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cybersecurity. She writes about the latest news and updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how that can improve the work experience of users. Her articles have been published in many popular blogs, e-magazines, and websites.