Apple Corporation offers a fantastic service called iTunes on which the user can save its photos, music library, videos, content and also sync Windows PC with their Apple device. You might be amazed to know that, but yes, it is true. Apple launched its iTunes support for Windows so that the customers who don’t have Apple computers product, also can use the iTunes facility. Since Windows has occupied most of the computers, Apple made its service compatible for Windows.
We all know that iTunes lets us manage and transfer the data and back it up in the cloud. It also helps to reboot the handset devices when stuck or inaccessible. iTunes is undoubtedly a useful service for an iOS device holder. But, there are several users asking to troubleshoot the problem of dysfunctional iTunes in Windows. The situation could be frustrating as the device cannot be rebooted if locked or remains inaccessible. Is iTunes is not working in your Windows system? It is sure that must be panicked, but don’t be as you need to follow the steps and troubleshoot the problem occurring in your system.
There are various possibilities and ways in which iTunes must be stopped working or showing some problems while running in the Windows system, but there some methods that are capable of resolve the issue.
How to resolve iTunes isn’t working in Windows
Update your iTunes
Microsoft offered iTunes in its Windows Store a few months ago, but iTunes must be updated from time to time in order to keep it working in a reliable condition. So you can download the iTunes directly from Apple and update it since the operating system gets older to support the latest updates. Hence to make both compatible, the software products must be updated.
Restart iTunes in Windows Computer
Sometimes, the iTunes freezes at the Startup level and does not open. In that situation, perform a force quit task on the app and then try to re-launch it. All you need to have is the Task Manager.
- Press Shift + Ctrl + Esc key combination to open the Task Manager.
- Now, click the Processes
- Select iTunes from the processes menu and right click on it.
- A drop-down menu will open.
- Click End task.
- Now, try re-launching the program and check if the problem persists.
Run the iTunes in Compatibility Mode
- Go to the desktop of the computer.
- Right-click on the iTunes icon.
- Select Properties and click the Compatibility
- Now, tick-mark the Run This Program in Compatibility Mode
- Choose Windows 8 and click Apply.
- Click Ok to confirm changes.
In case you have downloaded and installed the iTunes app on your computer, then you can use the Repair mode to fix the corrupt or damaged files of the iTunes app.
- Press Windows key + X and click to open the Control Panel.
- Go to Program and Features and select iTunes.
- Navigate to the Change option and click on it.
- Now, it will run the installer.
- The installer will give a Repair
- Click on the option to repair the corrupted or damaged files.
Launch iTunes as Administrator
Sometimes, software products need to run as administrator to get the access to files and folders in the system. But when the software is not launched with administrator control, the operating system restricts it to prevent the secrecy.
- Right-click the iTunes app and open a drop-down menu.
- Now, select Run as Administrator.
- Now, the system will prompt you with a dialog box.
- Click the Yes button and check the problem exists or not.
- If the iTunes is working, then you will need to run the program with Administrator control only.
Reinstalling the iTunes
It is noted that reinstalling the program works correctly in most of the cases. If the iTunes is not working correctly due any reason, you can uninstall it from your Windows system and then download it directly from Store or Apple. Now, try reinstalling the app in your system. After reinstallation, the problem must be resolved.
It is convenient to use Apple’s service, iTunes in Microsoft Windows but the malfunctioned iTunes can be a headache. Remember, as the iTunes and Windows are two different products of different identities, these two can conflict with other, but the methods are always available to resolve the issue.
Ava Williams is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cybersecurity. She writes about the latest news and updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how that can improve the work experience of users. Her articles have been published in many popular blogs, e-magazines, and websites.