Have you ever been made to feel uncomfortable by asking to share your smartphone? Most of us tend to land up in circumstances where you have to share your smartphone with your friends or family.
Maybe you are aware of that sinking feeling when you hand over your beloved Android smartphone to others, whether your niece insists on playing games or your friend wants to look something up on the web. At that time, you never quite know in what state your device is going to come back. When your brother or father asks you to make a call, even if you want to deny, but you know you can’t.
These scenarios have a sense of disbelief and embarrassment that comes, and you might start to think that how can you give them the phone with access to the only app they want to use. The latest Android versions have a feature that is going to help, and in this article, you will see how to use it.
Well, you may find that there’s a small feature built right inside the operating system of your Android phone, which is known as “Pin Windows.” This feature gives you allowance to pin particular windows on your screen without having to unlock your smartphone.
If you are wondering that how can it be possible, then you need to read this small article and follow the steps given below:
Note: This feature is only found in the smartphones running Android Lollipop and above.
- Go to the Settings on your smartphone.
- Tap on the Security and Lock screen option.
- Here you need to scroll down and search for the Screen Pinning option. Tap it as soon as it’s found.
- Then you need to turn on the toggle to enable this feature.
- Also, you will have to turn on the option “Ask for unlock pattern before pinning.” Doing so will as you for entering your phone’s password or draw the pattern before unpinning the app.
- Now you will need to select the app you want to pin and open it by clicking on the “Recent” button. Doing so will open the recently used apps.
- Press the ‘Pin” icon to pin the app.
- And now the app will be pinned, and you will need to unpin it before you open any of the other apps on your smartphone.
Note: In some smartphones such as Samsung this option will typically be located under “Lock Screen & security”> “Other security settings”> “Pin windows.”
Thank you for reading my article; I hope that this information is going to be helpful to you.
Harry Williams is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding McAfee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.