Losing contacts from iPhone is disturbing but the retrieving these contacts is even more bothersome. There are some straightforward but risky ways to recover the lost contacts. Unfortunately, these risky methods are the only approach to retrieve the data in your phone. You must be thinking about the risk it will take while restoring the lost contacts.
Well, the methods are referring the backups from iTunes and iCloud.com, and the restoration will result in losing the current data and contacts. Hence it is a piece of advice to create a backup of the currently existing data and then proceeds to follow the methods.
Here is how to retrieve lost contact on the iOS device
Recovering Contacts from iCloud Backup
If you have synced iPhone with iCloud backups, the lost contacts can be retrieved easily.
- Open iPhone Settings and go to iCloud.
- Tap the Contacts button and turn off the toggle button on Contacts.
- Now, tap again to turn it on.
- It will pop up to ask what to do with the previously synced iCloud contact on your iPhone.
- Tap Delete from My iPhone.
Now, you will get the lost contacts in your iPhone. You can also choose other accounts as well in your group list which are linked with your device to check or uncheck the group to view or hide.
Retrieving Contacts from iTunes Backup
Retrieving lost contacts from iTunes will only work when you have created the backups of the device to iTunes. But the drawback of retrieving from iTunes is that the iTunes doesn’t allow custom or selective restore. Hence the complete data will be restored in the device from backups resulting in replacement of current data including the media files and applications from the device.
- Connect the iPhone to a computer system.
- Now, open iTunes in your computer.
- Click the Device List and select your device.
- Now, go to the Summary page and choose a recent backup entry date.
- Click the Restore Backup button.
With this method, the contacts will be restored in the phone, and you don’t have to put the efforts to retrieve anymore.
Retrieving Contacts from iCloud.com
iCloud.com makes it simple to recover the lost contacts. iCloud keeps the contacts which you might have deleted accidentally in last 30 days. But again, the method might replace all the existing contacts from the device.
- Open a web browser.
- Now, go to iCloud.com.
- Enter the Apple ID and password of the same account linked to your iPhone.
- Click Settings option.
- Navigate to Advanced option.
- Click Restore Contacts button or Restore Contacts and Reminders button.
- Now the contacts related archived files will open.
- Select a file and proceed to click Restore button.
Retrieving Contacts from Messaging apps
You might have lost the contacts, but the chat conversation with the contact number will be there in the respective messaging apps, only if you haven’t deleted them yet. No matter if the conversation is stored inbuilt messaging app or a freeware messaging services, if the chat is not removed, then it is best to refer these services. Just scroll up to go back to chat history, and you will recognize the person you were chatting with.
These options are the best approach to restore the lost contact in your iPhone. You will lose the data from your iPhone hence it beneficial to create the backup of the recent data in your phone. Hopefully, the guide has helped you have in retrieving the lost contacts in your iPhone.
Ava Williams is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cybersecurity. She writes about the latest news and updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how that can improve the work experience of users. Her articles have been published in many popular blogs, e-magazines, and websites.