We have seen a lot of changes in Mozilla Firefox ranging from its functionality to its design and icon. No doubt, the web browser is renowned and has found a place in almost everyone’s computer system. The Firefox browser may not be as popular currently as compared to Chrome, but it is the time from where the popularity may reverse. The new Mozilla Firefox Quantum is faster than its other versions.
For every internet surfer, speed is the only thing which they crave, and Firefox in its Quantum version is giving this opportunity. There are some tips and trick through which you can make your Mozilla Firefox Quantum work faster and browse quickly. Let’s see which tip you find more useful to increase the working ability with respect to the speed of the internet software.
Here are the tips to speed up Mozilla Firefox Quantum
Enable the Hardware Acceleration Mode
The Firefox Quantum is capable of taking Graphic Processing Utility of computer to load the pages faster and play online videos smoother. Unfortunately, the feature is enabled by default and requires some efforts to enable the acceleration mode.
- Open Firefox Quantum and go to about:preferences.
- Click General and scroll down to Performance.
- Deselect the Use recommended performance settings option.
- Select the Use hardware acceleration when available option.
- Now, click the drop-down button to select the Content process limit according to your computer configurations.
- If your system has GPU more than 8GB RAM, then you can select the default 4 value or above it.
Disable the Multi-Process Windows
Since the Firefox Quantum was developed to increase the browsing speed, the Multi-processing for some of the users have been a problem regarding browsing speed. It could be the computer which might be facing trouble while handling the multi-process window. In this situation, disable the feature to enhance the performance.
- In the Firefox browser, go to the address bar and type about:config.
- Now hit Enter from your keyboard. A tab will open.
- In the search bar, type tabs.remote.
- Navigate to browser.tabs.reote.autostart in the search results.
- Select and right click on it.
- Now, change the value to false.
Smooth Scrolling in Firefox
While reading content online, the scrolling speed should be quick to go through it all. Fortunately, the web browser is providing a scrolling extension to enable the smooth scrolling. Install the YASS extension and smoothen your scroll acceleration.
Clear up the Memory
The overloading of the cache memory can cause slow processing of any internet software. Hence keep cleaning up the memory is a right option.
- Open the Firefox Quantum.
- Go to the address bar and type about:memory.
- Now press Enter and a new tab will open.
- Find the Free memory section and select Minimize memory usage.
- Select Free memory.
Mozilla Firefox Quantum is providing the number of options to speed up browsing. If Firefox is improvised, then it will take the place of every other web browser in a computer system. With privacy it is offering the speed for browsing which every internet user need today, Firefox Quantum is a future of speedy browsers.
Ava Williams is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cybersecurity. She writes about the latest news and updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how that can improve the work experience of users. Her articles have been published in many popular blogs, e-magazines, and websites.